Saturday 23 February 2008

WHAT A LOVELY DAY >>>>

Last Saturday a few lovely friends and I headed to Guma Valley Dam, where I escaped Africa and walked into what reminded me of the Lake District, UK. There was no one around and it was wonderful – a huge lake, wild jungle and a nice place to eat our picnic lunch! We just ate and chilled and walked, but unfortunately could not swim in the lake. Found a great looking spider though that looked like a mask – Sandra was teasing my while I was perfecting my photography trying every mode on my camera, while she was saying it's about to jump...it's gonna bite you.. it could be poisonous. But hey I got a great photo in the end. We trekked through the woods and found all sorts of surprizes from bullet cartridges (concerned us only a little) to little camps set up Ray Mears style, some amazing looking trees and even saw a little snake, which soon made Anna pull her socks up high looking very funny.





From our relaxing afternoon, we moved to sunset on the beach at Lakka, a swim in the pool and later on my first taste of LOBSTER!! It was a birthday present from my folks and it was DELICIOUS!! I have to say we cheated in terms of fighting for our food as the lobster had already been taken out the shell, prepared and put back into the shell for a superb,aesthetically pleasing and tasty meal. Sandra and I finished it off by trying to piece the body back together for a few photos.


The day was something different and even though far from my good old friends and family in UK, I had a lovely time with my step-in family right here in Sierra Leone – praise God for good friends from all around the world.

No comments: