Monday 4 February 2008

CARPENTER SUCCESS!!


This is Alusan (in purple), and I'm his latest fan! A carpenter struggling to find work but highly recommended by Abu (in green, the lad I have volunteering with me on Mondays.) Recommended more so because he is the brother of a friend – it's all about favourable connections here!
Anyway, I've not been disappointed – he's timely, skilled, friendly and has a mind to find a way around the difficult specifications of these kids requirements. So at approx £20 a chair / standing frame, I've got a few lined up, as well as some other bits of equipment I've designed.
This is Ola again, now looking such a big boy sitting upright in his new chair. Despite limited resources, I'm pleased with this new supported position for him. We hope it will help him feed and play more easily. Isatu, his carer seemed very pleased with it too – especially the table, despite her long face posed for the camera!

No comments: