Saturday 2 February 2008

SHELTER

Thank you for all the encouraging emails over the last few weeks. It sure has been a bumpy start to the year, and despite on-going frustrations, I'm determined to continue in the Lord's strength. It has been such an encouragement to know that such lovely people read the news I send out and try to stand in my shoes for a bit in order to support me better.

Be assured that not only to I feel supported by you all, but that the children of Sierra Leone are also supported more because you are helping to keep me here.

Sometimes it is important to forget all the injustice of the world and see instead the beauty and ingenuity of the One who created it. Aren't the colours of this delicate shell so peaceful? (The photo doesn't really do it justice!) This little creature we found while sitting in the River No. 2. I have to admit we un-dug it several times to watch it's cool trick. After being left a few moment to settle, a little tongue-like projection stuck out of the tiny crack of the two half shells, felt it's way round to the sand then heaved itself down till totally covered, squirting a little jet of water on the way. So cute! No matter which way up we put it, it managed to work it's way down to the stillness of being sheltered from the sun and the rush of water in the dark wet sand. Amazing!

So even though I know I can't bury my head (or even my whole being in the sand!) I do know that in God's protection I can regain the rest, enthusiasm and comfort to continue in this work of our loving Heavenly Father.

“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.” Psalm 91:1

No comments: