Thursday 21 February 2008

Happy Birthday ME!

It's been a fun day so far...

Pancakes,

new strings on the guitar, then a great strumm,

chilling in Helen's flat - so nice to be somewhere different!

Then I had to get on public transport to head down to the clinic where my car was being fixed (had a little problem starting the car yesterday, so tried to jump start it - only problem being I was rolling backwards down a hill and turn a corner and the steering wheel locked as the engine was not on so ended up intimately embracing a wall!!!)
Anyway, back to the public transport - it seemed scarce so I started walking - eventually I was picked up and squashed myself into the empty seat in the back row, settled and off we went. Only to feel a strange licking sensation on my left arm!! I turned round to see a goat peering over my shoulder! The rest of the journey I was trying hard not to laugh out loud while I could feel this goat's breath and occasional lick! I was glad when another passenger also got a share of the 'love' and also laughed!!!

So once at the clinic car still being sorted - I decided to try and skype my mum and dad. They really do try to work the webcam... well....after a rollercoaster ride around their room, then a few turns on the waltz, it was eventually lovely to see them and have a good chat, except when they kindly rubbed in they were enjoying nice icecreams in celebration of my birthday. THANKS!!


Still I'm looking forward to a nice walk on the beach in a bit, then dinner with a friend, then we are off to join others for icecreams too!!


I praise God for many wonderful years and I trust for lots more!

Thank you to all my wonderful friends (and the goat!) that have helped me feel so loved today.

No comments: