Friday 21 September 2007

Quick update!




Election results are out...
SL has a new President; The Honorary Ernest Bai Koroma, of the APC political party


Town has been full of armed police military checking vehicles for anything suspicious
Things are little tense, but generally quiet with not many incidents


Work has been quieter for me this week as trying to keep low and reduce risk!


Ola has settled into new home in Wellington so well


My other little treasures in various places in outskirts of Freetown are keeping me busy


I've officially started Crio lessons


I've nearly got a new car – waiting on news about how much taxes will be


Sierra Leone beaches are still the best!


I made plantain and green bean stew for dinner – it was delicious!
Shame about the glass of water I'd been drinking from not realizing it was full of ants too!



In one patients house this week, not only did I have to quitely ignore a mouse I'd seen twice, but then got really disturbed by the rat in the corner then under the bed! When I asked if they were afraid of rats, they said no, we get used to them being around all the time!!



I've had our night guards looking out for Father Christmas this week, I had to give a detailed description of what he looks like and his mode of transport!! They had no idea! I think they think I'm crazy!!



It's nearly stopped raining


Hope you are all well too,
email me your news!


Love
vez

No comments: