Friday 14 March 2008

a long week....

The end of another week, and I'm chilling out with the MercyShips crew - they really are a lovely lot :o)

the week started out very stressful but got better as time went on.....

frustrating familes not taking responsibility
people telling me what they think i want to hear
long drives on bad roads
hot days and not always easy to keep in the shade
my poor memory allowed me to forgot a few vital pieces of padding
assistant sick and her depending on me to sort her out
patients travelling out to the villages and not keeping apointments arranged
feeling overwhelmed at all the things on my to do list!

but many good things too....

baby john's septic arthritus in his shoulder getting better
amara's stubborn pressure wounds healing
minkilu learning how to get on and off the floor on his own
mary sitting in her new corner seat
a day to get on top of admin work and a bit of rest
abdul starting to walk on his own
kadiatu and wonda having fun with balance games
an old patient Miatta, from the mercy ships fistula hospital coming back with improved movement and feeling in her foot.

and i finished it all off with a walk and a drink on the beach with my frined Sandra.

so all in all - not a bad week

hope you are all well too :o)

1 comment:

Sandra's Latest... said...

I'd agree it was a great way to finish off a somewhat longish week! See you tomorrow.