Saturday 6 October 2007

A trip to the beach with a difference

Ever taken 35 disabled kids to the beach? well that was what we did on Saturday afternoon!
there is a short-term team of Rotarians here working with MercySips at the moment. They didnt have much to do on their Saturday afternoon, so I came up with the crazy suggestion of taking all the SOS kids to the beach.

We had so much fun and I think the kids enjoyed it too.

We packed the bus twice over with excited kids and ensured that all who wanted to go into the water did - legs, not working legs or no legs. They seemed to love just being washed up and down the shore with the breaking waves, my swin suit was full of sand from sitting with them climbing all over me. I took a trip a little deeper to try and off-load my sand deposits before I walked up the beach with my nappy of sand!

We got many a stare from passers by, in fact a crowd soon built around us, they'd never seen anything like it.

But it was well worth it!

HOPE A FEW PHOTOS WILL FOLLOW SOON!

No comments: