Thursday 5 July 2007

Good Bye England x x x

Hello, Hello.......>Good Bye!


I've had a great time visiting friends and family and have really enjoyed doing all things I like best about being in UK - getting outdoors (particually in Chichester/Bognor), eating chocolate and indulging in good food - steak, potatoes, toast, cereal, apples fruit juice and custard doughnuts! And I've felt so supported by so many people in so many different ways - from hospitality, kindness, encouraging words and prayer, physio advice and generous finacial support.


I'm heading back to Sierra Leone tomorrow, at long last. My goodbyes have been hard but I'm keen to get going with settling into my new home and meeting with the children I've been referred already for physio treament and reviews.


I'll be updating this blog from time to time and will have some photos on it to give you a bit more of the flavor of where I am and what I'm up to. You can have a quick read whenever you fancy, so save the address.
I'll also be sending out a monthly email newsletter as previously, just without the photo nightmare!


I've got a physio student Emma from Brighton University coming out with me for the first 3 weeks. I'm very happy to have her as just having someone to travel with and bounce ideas off will be a massive support while I'm getting used to it all again. Please pray the she has a great time too, and that God will be working in her life however He sees fit!


Another big prayer request is the travel, not only getting there, but moving around from house to house, village to village whilst there. Some of you may know that the helicopters are not flying at the moment due to a tragic accident resulting in them being deemed unsafe. But the hovercraft has started again, so this is how we will travel from the airport to the main land. Once there we will be using public transport. This can be very chaotic, frustrating, hot, and time consuming. It is one of my biggest anxieties, so prayer would be great!


Please also pray for:

~ Effective Witness

~ Good relationships

~ Safety & Protection

~ Good Health


Just one more little prayer - the governmental elections are coming up in SL in August - we need peace not trouble.


Right I better go no, but thanks for all being so lovely, I will be praying for you all aswell as I go off into the horizon. I would not be able to go if it were not for you all holding my up from all angles!


God bless you all,

Vez


~Verity Furneaux ~

No comments: