Tuesday 7 October 2008

To kill a Snake.....

This is my new room (I moved into the MercyShips team house back in August for those that didn't know)...and I love my new 'me space' as much as I love the community living!
The 3 men on top of my new room were killing a snake!
Community living to the extreme meant that I have been sharing my appartment with a snake!
So having found it this morning...and being totally freaked out...I soon called the snake busting brigade...and they came from the mercyships clinic bearing sticks and machetes, and started peeling off the corrugated iron that makes my roof.

Soon we had one snake body (which wriggled around flipping over and around for ages) + blood.....

And one snake head.....

They say it was definately a posinous one..I'm not going to question it, just wanted to make sure there were no others!!

I was so proud of our men, and they too were proud of themselves (although scared in the process jumping and running across the roof themselves at times).

They put the dead snake in a bag and took it back to the clinic to show everyone as their own kind of trophy!!

The thing that worries me is that we also found 2 skin sheddings...meaning it had been up there a pretty long time! Right in my roof!! In fact the place where it was caught was right above my bed. I've filled every crack and hole I can find in my ceiling.

I SO hope there are no others!

1 comment:

SalfordScally said...

Oh my goodness! Trauma!
Hope you are sleeping well now, since it was a while ago. Think that would have give nme nightmares for weeks.