Sunday 10 October 2010

Abu's Rainy Season Report

It's been a while since you've had any news, that is because our expat staff have been on leave in the UK... but none the less the work has continued and here is Abu's report on how it went...

To start with, I want to thank Jesus for his compassion and loving kindness to the disabled children and I. During the rainy season I was working under the heavy rains, thunder and lightening on Western and Eastern parts of Freetown in Sierra Leone.
Over the rainy season I was able to visit all of out patients in their houses for a session. I saw much improvement. The patients that need assistance with posture, sitting balance, standing and walking I was able to distribute equipment to them, such as adjustable home made chair, gaiters, corner seat, standing frame, elbow crutches, auxiliary crutches, gig and walking frame. The rain makes work especially hard. Most days it rained which makes the roads flooded. I got very wet and also the patients notes. Unfortunately we lost 2 of our patients, one in July and one in August. Praise God they are with Jesus now.


From Abu Bangura.

No comments: