Thursday 30 April 2009

Caroline's London Marathon

A truely wonderful friend is one who runs the London Marathon for you!

Caroline is a good friend who I used to live and work with in Chichester. She and Jenny came to visit me here in SL back in February, when Caroline decided she'd like to raise money for the SOS Home for the Physically Challenged that I work in every Thursday. We are in the process of setting up a special 'Rehab Fund' to keep rehab going even when I might not be there and Caroline has started us off with an amazing amount.

So last Sunday, Caroline ran and ran and ran.....26 miles in just 4 hours and 50 mins!!

What a result!

WELL DONE CAROLINE!

The SOS kids are really impressed...though Hassan did say that he could run for 5 hours no problem...with his 2 callipers, 2 crutches and 2 severely Polio wasted legs!!

Maybe next year he can join her!

Sorry, you won't catch me joining in!

No comments: