Thursday 19 February 2009

In it for the wrong reasons? Not me!

Why be a therapist?
Why work with patients?
Why bother?


Well, all my answers for these questions are as you'd expect if you know me at all.
I care for my patients, I want to show Jesus' love in all that I do, I enjoy the challenge of medical situations are are all different, and find that using my creativeness I can make a differnece in many a child's and family's life.

Thats why.

So when I working with other people / organisations whose staff are only in it for the status it gives them, the money it pays, try to get away with as little work as they can, don't keep deadlines and promises, and take 4 hours of me waiting with children to tell us so...i can get VERY annoyed.
Sometimes it seems they think I am trying so hard for my benifit, but it is the people, in fact the children of their own country that I am trying to advocate for and get the benefits for. We are not talking extras or luxaries, no we're talk about being able to walk or going back to being wheelchair bound, which they had worked so hard over the last year with me to be able to walk their way out of.
Arrrgghh...

One day the world will be a fair place.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sadly the world will never be a fair place. However good people like you DO make a difference. Keep up the good work.