Tuesday 20 January 2009

Dry Eyes + Exhaustion = Double Vision!!

I did something today which made me realise that I really was exhausted last night....

As I put my contact lenses in this morning, my eyes were so dry and the lenses were really rubbing. It's Harmitan season now, so the dust which is blow in from the Sahara, is real bad and after a long day on dusty roads yesterday, I put the discomfort down to my eyes recovering from the day before.


Then when I was back home later in the day for a bit I decided to take them out as we were only training, doing the notes and washing the car. Then we went back out to see more pts, so I went to put lenses in again. Only to find that this morning I had put 2 pairs of lenses in each eye!!

No wonder it was uncomfortable and my vision was a bit blurry (didn't tell the police officer that when he pulled me over for yet another 'offense'!!)

Anyway what had happened was that I had an old pair still soaking in the overnight case, when I took my contacts out of my eyes mon night, I put them straight in on top of the old pair, not realising they were there. Then as I got up early this morning to prepare for another busy day, I was obviously too asleep to notice that I was putting 2 pairs in each eye.....scary ha?

So SILLY ME!!! Never done that one before!!

3 comments:

Sandra's Latest... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra's Latest... said...

Okay- so I thought you were going to say that you woke up with dry eyes and then realized you slept with your contacts in...I've done that one.

Then I thought- maybe 2 lenses in one eye instead of one in each.

But no. You had to go over-the-top!! :)

Congrats- you're the first I know to put 2 pairs in both eyes! Silly girl indeed.

SalfordScally said...

You got me there - i thought i'd be reading a post about you being ill - so relieved it was just you being a bit ditzy. Sounds like you needs some more sleep.