Monday 15 December 2008

We've been theived...

Last night we were robbed...
they stole all our gazeebo chairs where we sit to eat dinner, one families shoes, and my shoes too :o(
Basically anything that was outside what was worth taking.

My friend Sandra wrote an excellent blog about our thoughts on this....have a read...


Frustrating that we cannot trust our guards, and that the theives ran away with the chairs, and my 2 best pairs of shoes. It has left me scrambling up mountainsides in flip flops (and I do mean litereally) to get to my patients. Not funny!
But at the end of the day, as wrong as theft is, I know that I can afford to go and buy new shoes. A wander around Freetown is in order next weekend to find some others...maybe I'll even find my own back!
It happens!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been broken into. i hope that you find your shoes again.