Friday 15 August 2008

It's about time.....

So now's my chance to give you all a quick update on a wonderful summer in the UK....

Thought a few photos would do some of the talking for me (though I can always talk more!)

I had a wonderful time seeing my Grandma, she's just moved into her new place and we had a lovely walk along the seafront in the sunshine, not to mention an icecream or two!

Then I had a lovely holiday with 2 great friends Kirsty and Tracy. We stayed in a beautiful cottage literally in the middle of nowhere - so much so that my trial contact lenses that were sent there still have not made it!!















Found this cool old fashioned sweetie shop.....ate fish and chips.....
.....and walked along beaches, sat and talked for about an hour on jetty, oblivious to the fact that it was private and the owners were right on the shingle next to us having crab races (don't think they minded) and running on the tops of windy cliffs.


It was a refreshing well needed holiday, it's SO good to have such special friends.




I spent much time travelling around seeing so many other friends and family and loved every moment. It was well worth the different bed every 2 or 3 nights.


I enjoyed walks in the park with friends and their baby's and / or puppies


Going to the cinema with my Godson Joshua - and we even made it to Cubs together!


Eating chinese takeaway


Shopping with Mum


Going to a see the Billy Elliot musical in London

Mama Mia chick flick with DAD!


Late night coffee/cakes/chocolate and chat


An amazing day up the Portsmouth Spinnakar Tower, then drifting through the waters on a boat pretending to sail!


Having a laugh camping with old church friends


Amazing worship with 5000 other in a field in Somerset


Getting wet, feeling cold and enjoying a bit of British climate


Eating Strawberries, milkshakes and smoothies, great beef burgers, brocholi, pasta, mussels, and so much more with mum and dad.


But I think the highlight of my whole time away was that my beautiful sister had a beautiful baby boy....... Jack Andrew Bendell
.... with his proud mum and dad.
Right now he's being a very good little boy feeding and sleeping well, except for the fact that he pee-ed over me when I changed his nappy!

.....looking very cool with his new african patchwork quilt


I have to admit I'm a very proud Auntie and loved having cuddles with him.

No comments: