Sunday 11 May 2008

Ooops!

We had a lovely meal out last night with some guests we have over from US for a few weeks. We sat and enjoyed the cool breeze coming from across the ocean, sat under the palm trees, and the evening rolled away to gentle music and fun conversation.

Then it came to going home - I searched my bag and couldn't find my keys....searched the area where we'd been sitting, searched my bag again, then the dreaded thought dawned that after 7 months I had finally locked my keys inside my car. This had been a regular happening when I worked in the community in UK - my excuse being if you are in and out of your car 12 times a day, the odds are more that at some point you will - and I was very good at it!! Got to know many RAC men!!

So, out we went out to investigate and as I shone my little torch in the window, sure enough were my keys shining in the light. :o(

I blame it on the distraction of the man supposedly 'helping' me back my car into a very tight space, stressing me out by telling me to come, stop, come, stop, come, stop until I got a friend who I trusted to take over after I nearly backed right into a palm tree. And I also blame it on the US visitors who had been teasing me about my driving earlier in the week, and the hunger pangs, the being so paranoid about making sure all the doors and windows were locked in the places where the visitors had been riding in my car. and of course many many more reasons which would have totally taken the blame off me!!

So options:
1. Break window - too expensive!
2. Get one of the dodgy guys hanging around to break in - I'm sure it would have been all too easy.
3. Ask Frans nicely to drive me home to get my spare keys (thank goodness I'm organised enough to know where they are!) then to drive me back to the car again.

Option 3 was what we did - and not only did I pick up my keys, but also some precious cocoa bean fruit to share alone the way. Frans was very happy with that, especially since it was fresh from Holland and he is Dutch!!

So the moral of the story is...don't lock your keys in the car or you WILL have to share your precious chocolate rations!!

No comments: