Sunday 6 April 2008

BREAD!

I've been having a great time making bread.

Very good friends Dr Elmer (who took my appendix out here in SL back in 04) and Angelica his wife, left to work in Solomon Islands (what a reward after 7 years in SL!). As a parting gift they left me their breadmaker.

Obviously you have to have a constant supply of power for while it cooks. No problem from the likes of UK or USA where they are used a lot.

However....after 2 very successful attempts of solid tasty fresh bread.....
.....
came a bit of a disaster!

the power went off just as it started. Yeast already in there was nothing I could do to save it!! When the power returned it continued, but despite looking at it hafl way through thinking, uummm thats looking a bit big, I closed the lid saying to my housemate - oh well, i'm just going to pretend I never saw it and see what happens.....

well this is what happens!! Rasin bread perfectos!


Still we enjoyed eating all the scrappy bits - they were delicious with a hot chocolate, and the solid bit toasts well (again only if we have power) for breakfast.
I'll try again when I judge and take a wild guess at whether the power will stay on for a full 2 1/2 hours needed to complete and have it steady and not too low in output. Not much to ask hey??
Oh and I have a friend with a picture of one of the good loaves - when I get it from her I WILL post it here so you can see my sucess as well as my disasters.

No comments: